Thursday, November 10, 2011

Images

Today, David is in the city, in Zuccotti Park, at Occupy Wall Street. I am really happy he is there, experiencing it, and participating, as his frustrations over what has been happening to our own family, as well as countless others, now has a real place to go. Not just feeling crazy, and mad, and upset in your own head.

We had planned on going in as a family, but we had a freak snowstorm on that very day. So, David is there today. I am proud of him. I am proud at how hard he works. I am proud that he served this country. I am proud at what a wonderful father and husband he is.

Tomorrow is Veterans Day. Olivia's teacher taught her class how to properly fold the American flag. There will be an assembly of patriotic songs, and a signing of the Pledge of Allegiance by the students, closing with the flag ceremony. Olivia will wear her Brownie vest. She is very excited. So are we.

Last night we grilled chicken, and huddled around possibly our last outdoor fire of the season. The girls played soccer on the deck in the dark. I went to bed with the yummy smell of smoke in my hair.

Today, life feels like it is moving in the right direction.




1 comment:

  1. I love the name of your blog!
    I am a new follower from Blogaholics Society;
    http://catchinglifestruebliss.blogspot.com/
    Hope you can drop by, say hello and follow me back. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete