Friday, August 27, 2010

Doe

I had carefully dressed. High black boots, and small black fishnets. A short black dress, topped with a matching black pea coat. My skin was glowing, and my hair pulled back. I looked like "That girl". I looked great, and felt beautiful.
 I went down to Union Square, and to the bar. It was crowded. Tons of people, after work, on a Friday night. I was waiting for my friend. I ordered a drink. I took out my purse, and lit a cigarette. I smoked, and sipped my drink. I felt confidant. I felt like the  room got a little more exciting upon my entry into it.
I looked to my left. Down the long bar, there was a man. He was staring at me, and smiling. He did not take his gaze off of me. I became shy. I looked away, but when I looked back, he was still staring. Staring and smiling. He was very handsome. He had a nice smile.  He was flirting with me.
I looked away. When I looked back, he was gone. I craned my neck to see where he had gone, but there was no sign of him. I felt warmth. I felt someone close. I turned, and he was standing before me. He was smiling. He told me he saw me from across the room, and was leaving, but could not let the opportunity of meeting me slip away. He wanted to take me out. He wanted to know me. He told me I was beautiful. He gave me his number, and asked me to please call him. He knew of an outdoor garden, in the East Village, where we could have dinner.
Outside of my window is a mama deer, and her two babies. She looks straggly, as this time of year, their fur does strange things, in preparation for winter. Her babies are not quite grown, but big enough for the upcoming cold season. It will be here before you know it. They still have their spots. They are certainly beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment