Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spring forward

And just like that, calm.

 Everyone boarded their buses. Molly is eating cereal, and blackberries. Elmo is talking to her, as she eats. (she thinks he is talking to her anyway)

 I have a whole day before me. There is laundry to be done, and dishes to be loaded, only to be unloaded. The floor could use a cleaning. Same with the bathroom.

But I really don't feel like doing a thing.

 I just love that I can hear my wind chimes, and I am thankful for the warmth of my house. And I am happy that my girls ate all of their breakfast, and were excited to go back to school. Well, Charlotte not so much, but I think they will be happy to be back.

Normal is nice. And the irregularity of our past week was great.

But I am happy it's January. We just need to get past these few months, and then it will be Spring. I can feel it.

One thing that I will do today is drop some sunflower seeds in various potted trees around my house. They are the giant sunflower kind. And dig out some bulbs. Force a little Spring into our Winter.

I am eagerly awaiting the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment