Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Liebster Award



Thank you, thank you, thank you, to my fellow blogger, Becky.

 Over the weekend, she bestowed on me (upon me?) the Liebster Award. Liebster means "dearest" in German. The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers, who have fewer than 200 followers.

There is no evaluation committee or formal award process (darn!) for the Liebster, but it is better than that. It is recognition that a peer has noticed and appreciated your hard work.

There are just a few rules that come along with the Liebster Award. They are as follows:
* Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog.
* Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
*Reveal your top five blog picks, who fit within the award parameters.
* Inform them that you have chosen them by leaving a comment on their blog.
* Post the award on your blog.

I began reading Becky's blog back when I first started writing. I feel as if Becky and I are friends, and some days, I wish we lived close, so we could share a meal together, and some wine. She makes me want to be a better Mom, friend, and wife, not to mention, steer clear of the middle aisles in supermarkets, and join the PTA. I was inspired to can from all of her recipes, and some days, feel like maybe the knitting boat didn't leave without me. Her writing is really fluid, and you can almost hear her smile in every word. Her blog, chicken wire and paper flowers, is wonderful. Give it a read.

I started reading her blog through......
1- Life in Sugar Hollow.  A friend of mine, and a mutual one of Becky's, writes in the most scrumptious, descriptive, clever, sentences. She lives in a place called Sugar Hollow. It just all sounds and looks like a dream. And if ever a girl deserved a dream of a life, it is Tracy. She is a living doll. Truly, one of the good ones out there. And her talent is limitless. I am proud to own two of her gorgeous photos. She is another one I would love to sit on a porch with, and really get down to it. Of course, I know some kind of yummy cocktail would be involved. (I am seeing a theme here)

2-Crackers in Bed.  Judy has had a rough ride. She went from being married, and having two little boys, and sadly, realized she was not married to the man she thought he was. Or rather, she hoped he was. Her life isn't quite where she thought it was going to be, at this point, and she is raising her two little guys on her own, after fleeing a situation that literally, became life threatening. I'm talking mob life threatening. She will make you laugh too, as well as feel just as angry, right along with her.

3- Then there is Living my Life in Sepia. Written by a truly, truly, funny woman. She hasn't written a lot lately (nudge, nudge) and some days, when I am reading what she has posted, I feel like she leaves me wanting more. I like her style, and she (Jenn) has a big brain, and really thinks. A lot. You can feel it.


4- Homegirl on the Range. This girl is funny. And real. And broke. But she definitely is not crying about it.

5- And then there is Lily. Written by my old college roommate, Kendra. When Kendra and I lived together, oh so many years ago, I don't think we always saw eye to eye. She always had her head buried in a book, or was writing, writing, writing. I used to wonder what the hell she was writing about, because some days, she wasn't doing homework! She would actually stay in on a Friday night! But whenever I hear Neil Young, and the smell of a Camel light, I am transported back to another time. Kendra is the oldest soul. Her writing is amazing. You see a sunrise, and she sees something totally different. Her words are breathtaking. Now I am risking giving her this Liebster award, as I can't see her bestowing it on anybody, because really, that is not how she rolls. And that is OK. Her blog is a must read. The pain inside of her, some days, breaks my heart.

I have met a lot a really amazing women since I started blogging. It has literally changed my life, and how I feel about myself, and what direction I am heading in. A daily writing habit, one that I hoped might be therapeutic for me, and allow me to vent to nameless, faceless people, has given me the honor of meeting some incredible people, hear some unbelievable tales, and realize, we are all in this muck together, and it is way better to be kind, and encouraging to each other, than judgemental.




It has helped me more than you know.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks Lady!! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Erin! Congrats to you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I am touched by your kind words.
    I love when your new posts pop up in my blogger feed. Makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete