Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Meeting

I met with the one of the nicest, kindest people yesterday. Sitting in a McDonald's, our agreed upon meeting place, as Molly was accompanying me, I sat, and talked, and listened to an amazing, smart man. He offered me a job. One that I can do, right here, in my home. The work is in the field of alternative fuel. He runs a symposium for the whole Northeast of the country, annually, dealing in solar, and wind, and electric alternatives as fuel. I am beyond excited, and have so much research to do. Did I mention, beyond excited!

Listening to NPR yesterday report on all of the problems in Libya, and gas prices by the barrel skyrocketing, and our pump prices increasing by the day, was nerve wracking. Everything else will follow accordingly now. Food prices will rise. Everything getting that much more expensive. Makes me want to lump my errands into one day, and leave the car parked and not moving, for the week.

As quickly as the snow fell, it melted away. My forsythia bushes are looking like they are about to explode. I think I will cut a few this morning, and force them inside. Spring is so welcome this year.

10 comments:

  1. Convenient that someone felt sorry for you and offered you a job, why am I not surprised?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic news! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG *\O/*

    I'm so happy that you found a job! Keep the positive vibes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congratulations! Things are turning around :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It never ceases to amaze me how people can make bold statements and hide behind anonymity.

    Congratulations Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, this anonymous person sounds very unhappy, which does nothing for you or for her. Such nastiness is pretty useless.

    You are entirely right to pursue all ways of helping yourself.

    Anyway, take a look at the freelance sites I sent. Maybe you can put your writing to work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear "Anonymous",
    Why don't you put your name on your petty, nasty comment? Coward. Luck is a fickle creature, hope you or your partner don't find yourself in unfortunate circumstances. Take your negative energy elsewhere.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin,
    I have not had a chance to visit in a while but I did today. WOW! You got a lot of hate mail....LOL! You know there will always be people that can not be happy for others. It's sad but true. I find it even sadder, the ones who hate and dont care, when in need, real need, they are the ones to yell the loudest HELP ME FIRST!!!! Do not pay them any mind at all. What makes a person compassionate? Usually a nice family, good, caring parents....love. Some people dont have that. They did not have the love and compassion growing up so they cant find in now. Compassion does not run out. You either have or you dont. You dont have to save if for the people who are homeless, starving to death, in war torn countries, just saw thier children blown up. You can cry for them and also for those of us who are suffering less. It breaks my heart to see anyone suffer no matter to what degree. I wish they had the compassion in their lives, maybe as children they could have been hugged more. I dont ignore them, just wish them the peace in caring for ALL and having that feeling in return. Just smile and wave :D

    ReplyDelete