Monday, December 5, 2011

Scenes from a weekend...






Chicken cutlet parmigiana made with sauce that I made over the summer, and canned was so delicious. I love when something comes together effortlessly. I had all of the ingredients on hand. The house smelled so good. The sauce took me right back to August.

Olivia and Charlotte both had sleepovers. I am never quite at ease when one of my girls isn't home. Their empty rooms made me sad. I put their nightlights on, because they looked too dark. Too quiet.

Charlotte gave me a snow globe. An early Christmas present. She and I sometimes have a hard time understanding one another, but she always knows what I like. She is funny that way. She pays attention to the little stuff. Just not directions.

I noticed buds on our Forsythia bushes. The mild weather has tricked them into thinking it is time to bloom. I ceased the opportunity to go out, and hack off a bunch of branches, and stick them in water, hoping I can force them. I still am in denial that Summer is truly over.

All in all, it was a fast two days. I love the excitement of Friday, and all the possibilities that lay ahead. But I do love when the bus pulls away on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment