Friday, September 16, 2011

Poised




I have been waiting for the Moonflower seeds I sprinkled in my window boxes to grow and bloom all summer. They didn't do much of anything all season, and then in August, delicate vines sprouted. And now, something is poised to open. I have been getting up everyday, and going outside to check if the bloom has opened. I am so excited to see it. I worried about it in the cold of last night.

And Charlottes pumpkin plant. Like a Jack and the Beanstalk, right on our front deck. She kept those seeds all winter, and talked me into letting her have the whiskey barrel planter for her own. Her "garden", she calls it. We have watched the vine grow and stretch. Male flower after male flower has blossomed, and fallen away. I keep looking for a female, but the light is bad here. I think that a pumpkin is not meant to be. But everyday, we check. Hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment