Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Back again.

Hello Worry. You haven't been here in a while. And I see you have brought along your friend, Impending Doom. I was just thinking how nice it was not to have you here. The house was calmer, and my sleep came easy. Laughter began to bubble out of me on a daily basis, and my nails had just begun to grow. Each day was faced with a smile, and a feeling of possibility. It was great while it lasted. I knew it was too good to be true, and you would resurface.

And Poof! There you are, in all of your glory. Plans changed, and opportunity went with it. A fresh start for my family that is not to be. A renewed sense of self, and family, bruised.

Maybe we make it too nice for you to not want to leave. I have to believe this, because there is no way you could be here, yet again, if it wasn't a welcome environment.

So, I am going to try and make this as unpleasant for you as I can. Because you are really screwing things up, and I don't like unexpected guests, even a little. You show up everywhere, everyday, and I just want to strangle you. You call on the phone, and you are in my mailbox. You shadow us wherever we go, and frankly, we have had enough.

Go away. Please. I am begging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment