Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday

Olivia is home sick today. She woke me up in the middle of the night with a 102.3 fever. She is lying on the couch, home for the day.

 I just put Charlotte on the bus. I hesitated sending her to school. I am overwhelmed by the events in Connecticut, on Friday. My mind keeps going back to the horror, and the unthinkable pain those families must be living through.

I reached out and stroked Olivia's sweaty head during the early morning. I had let her crawl in bed with me. Molly was grinding her teeth as she slept, and I put my ear to her head, and heard, and felt her teeth scraping together, and listened to her belly grumble.

I can't even imagine the unbearable pain those parents are going through. My heart is broken for them. I pray they may at least find peace while they sleep, because the waking hours must be torturous.

God help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment